Monday, 5 January 2015

Awesome Mix Vol 1

Melissa Gaggiano Photography
"Mix Tape"

            Recently I watched Guardians of the Galaxy, and I can hardly put into words how exquisitely happy this film made me feel. GotG ticked all the right boxes for me. It had the perfect formula of sci-fi, warped humour, and retro pop music.

I sat down to this film with no expectations whatsoever. And within seconds I was hearing a 10cc tune. In that moment I was delivered back to my own childhood. I knew right there and then that for the next hour or so I was in for a very special treat.

I loved seeing Peter Quinn [played by Chris Pratt; gotta’ love this guy all the more for being the voice of Emmet in The Lego Movie] dancing his way through life [not to mention the galaxy]. It was like coming face to face with the real me. There is a side to myself that just wants to break out and dance half the time. Of course I don’t out of fear of being locked up for the crime of my so-called weirdness.

While I’m on the topic of dancing and music I got to thinking about mix tapes and what music I would want to have on me in the rare likelihood that I become the next Peter Quinn-slash-Arthur Dent-slash-Rose Tyler-slash-Alex Rogan and am taken away into space for the adventure of a lifetime. I gave it some thought and this is what I came up with…

1.     It’s Oh So Quiet – Bjork
2.     All I Wanna Do – Sheryl Crow
3.     Between Us – Harry Connick Jr
4.     Boondocks – Little Big Town
5.     Pride – U2
6.     At Last I Am Free – Chic
7.     Evil Woman – Electric Light Orchestra
8.     Cantaloop – US3
9.     I Send a Message – INXS
10. Avalon – Roxy Music
11. Dreams – Van Halen
12. All Night Long – Lionel Richie
13. Jump – The Pointer Sisters
14. Strange Magic – Electric Light Orchestra
15. Cosmic Girl – Jamiroquai
16. Slave to Love – Bryan Ferry
17. Hot Stuff – Donna Summer
18. Get It On – T. Rex
19. Take the Long Way Home – Supertramp
20. Hotel California – The Eagles

21. A Horse With No Name – America

No comments:

Post a Comment