Tuesday, 15 September 2015

I Just Wanna Say

There are lots of little things I want to say, but I often don't put it out there because I think I'm supposed to back those ideas with an extremely long article. But you know what? Who wants to read a massive article when they're reading online? So I'm just going to put my individual thoughts out there in one piece. Kind of a like a shopping list of brain farts. 

Emma Watson is awesome because...
EW isn't a perfect person, but she is the perfect role model. Thanks to her place in pop culture EW is in a position to affect change. What a wonderful thing it is for someone to realise they have power and to use it in a positive way. That is exactly what EW is doing with the issue of gender inequality. There are people who think feminism is about hating men, and really it is not. As EW pointed out, gender inequality is also a guy issue - 
"For the record, feminism by definition is the belief that men and women should have equal rights and opportunities. It is the theory of political, economic and social equality of the sexes." Digital high five EW! Click here to read a transcript of Emma's awesome UN speech.
Emma Watson

Best thing since sliced bread... Be gone with rubber bands that snap and wear away. Forget the bread bag fasteners that break upon first use. I'm now all about pegs. Clothes line pegs, that is. I now use pegs to close bread bags, and food packaging [ie coffee beans, sugar, rice]. No longer will I scrub away bands which have snapped and become one with kitchen cupboard surfaces, after many melty summers. I now keep pegs in the laundry aaaaand the kitchen.
© Melissa Gaggiano



Change... I am undertaking the ultimate clean up - one of those spring cleans that only happens once every fifteen years. The aim is to have a new home without moving house.
Rule 1 Only tackle two cupboards per day. It's a big job, and you don't want to burn out, otherwise it'll be another fifteen years before you have the energy to try this again.
Rule 2 Throw out [and when I say throw out I mean resell it or give to an op shop] anything that hasn't been used in ten years. 
Rule 3 Throw out anything that cannot be identified. If you have no freakin' clue what it is, then it definitely has to go.
The Mole spring cleaning [Wind in the Willows]
{link}

Books I want to read... Ever since watching Veronica Mars I've wanted to read books by Ernest Hemingway, and carry his books around in a brown EH inspired bag. Although the bag doesn't have to be brown. It can be pink with sparkles, and flying, rainbow unicorns on it. And how awesome would it be writing on a typewriter, right?
Ernest Hemingway

Enough said!

No comments:

Post a Comment