Saturday, 12 March 2016

Who Are You Gonna Call?

    Growing up I was fully into the Ghostbusters. I saw the first two films at the cinema. Actually - at the cinema! I religiously watched The Real Ghostbusters animated series whenever it was on television. One holiday I had a The Real Ghostbusters colour in book. There was an official Ghostbusters II film poster on my wall. I wore a Ghostbusters II sleeveless shirt with pride, and when it I outgrew it I continued to wear it with pride as a singlet. What can I say, Egon Spengler [Harold Ramis], Peter Venkman [Bill Murray], Ray Stantz [Dan Aykroyd] and Winston Zeddmore [Ernie Hudson] were the coolest exterminators on the planet.

    For many years it had been on the rumour mill that there would be a third Ghostbusters film. Then about two years ago I learnt that this news became a lot more than just rumour. It was on! And with Harold Ramis at the writer's helm. How awesome was that? But then, in a disheartening twist for anyone who grew up on movies such as Animal House, Caddy Shack, and Ghostbusters, Harold passed away. Thus resulting in a rewrite, and a slightly varied story direction [writing credits: Dany Aykroyd and and Katie Dippold] for the new film.

    And now the time has come, for the long awaited cinematic release of the third Ghostbusters film. I gotta say, I'm real excited by what I'm seeing in the trailer. I think we are in for some seriously good laughs and great scary moments. The four new Ghostbusters played by Kate McKinnon, Kristen Wiig, Leslie Jones and Melissa McCarthy, have the awesome-sauce needed to stand alongside the first generation of Ghostbusters.

    You can pretty easily guess what I'm going to dress up as, next Hallowe'en. Yes! I want to be a Ghostbuster.


No comments:

Post a Comment